Cardamom Rose Cocktail
- Lightly muddle 1 cardamom pod at the bottom of shaker (not too much muddling or it will overpower the drink)
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Add ice
- Shake for 20 seconds
- Strain over fresh ice to remove the cardamom pod
- Add a splash of seltzer water
- Garnish with rose petals or fresh lemon wedge
Blood Orange Sangria
1 bottle chardonnay
1/4 cup brandy
3 blood oranges
1 cara-cara orange, or other orange
1/2 ruby red grapefruit
1 small apple
1 small pear
- Pour the wine and brandy in a large pitcher.
- Juice 2 blood oranges, 1/2 grapefruit, and 1/2 lemon. Juicing by hand works perfectly.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove pulp and seeds, then pour into the pitcher. Stir.
- Core and chop the apple and pear and place the pieces into the pitcher.
- Slice the remaining 2 oranges into halved segments and/or round slices and add to the pitcher.
- Stir and refrigerate until ready to serve. Best if chilled for 4 hours before serving to allow flavors to fully develop.
- Pour each glass, add some of the fruit, and a good splash of sparkling water [about 2-3 tablespoons per serving, for 4 servings].
*Tip* Recipe is easily doubled. For a sweeter drink add 1/4 cup sparkling citrus juice in step 1, and reduce the splash of sparkling water by half.
1 cup tequila
1 cup fresh peach juice (about 5 peaches)
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup Cointreau
- On a small plate spread salt. With lemon wedges moisten rim of 6 ounce glasses. Dip glasses into salt. Place glasses into freezer to chill.
- In a pitcher combine tequila, peach juice, lemon juice and Cointreau. Remove glasses from freezer and serves margarita mixture over ice. Garnish with peach slices & enjoy!
Sparkling Pear and Cranberry Cocktail
2 tablespoon(s) dry cranberries
1/2 cup(s) organic pear nectar
32 ounce(s) Moscato d’Asti wine
8 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- Put cranberries in a small bowl; add 2 tablespoons warm water. Soak until cool, about 15 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and refrigerate until serving.
- Divide pear nectar evenly among eight tall champagne glasses. Add cranberries, and then gently pour the Moscato d’Asti into the glasses. Garnish each with a rosemary sprig.
All recipes and photos can be found at http://www.fastdrinkrecipes.com/